- “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
- Continue to support and defend the rights of all Americans to safely practice their religion, and respect others in so doing. Acknowledge the role religion plays in helping ensure a stable, responsible community always looking out for each other, and overcoming obstacles together.
- Ensure President Trump nominates conservative justices to the Supreme Court who will always uphold our Constitutional foundation and the rule of law… not erode the security and freedom our nation provides by bending to failed, liberal ideology.
- A recent University of Texas study concluded Texas had more than 313,000 human trafficking victims, including nearly 79,000 minors forced into prostitution, and 234,000 adult labor trafficking victims. Houston is considered a hub of human trafficking, and it’s a severe problem we need to solve NOW.
- Coordinate state and federal resources and law enforcement agencies, and create an independent task force to cut off pedophile access points and strengthen security within the child welfare system where nearly 86% of victims originate.
- Increase penalties on all involved in sex trafficking to fully represent the gravity of the crime they’re committing: multi-decade felony sentences, mandatory designation as sex offenders, and forfeiture of all assets.
- Establish and fund state-wide rehabilitation and advocacy services to help provide victims a safe way out, and a trusted support system for recovery.
- What makes America different from other nations is that we believe in creating opportunity for anyone who comes here legally. But we also believe in the fundamental importance of the rule of law, protecting our borders, our communities, and our right to reach for the American dream. My policy on overhauling immigration has an “outside-in” approach, which requires everyone to understand it isn’t a SINGLE issue, but a combination of MANY… each of which is required for our system to work together:
- Secure our borders and build the wall first. Without national security, nothing else matters. A wall, a fence, patrols… different requirements for different areas, but something we can actually use to call our nation safe and protected. Either we have a nation or we don’t.
- Cutoff drug suppliers, end human trafficking, deport criminal illegals, and end funding for sanctuary cities. Put those resources we’d save to work in our district where they’re so desperate needed.
- Support the Department of Homeland Security and ICE, to ensure safety of the American people first. Overhaul the entire immigration process to ensure only those who are dedicated to contributing to American society are allowed into the United States.
- It’s the key to economic growth within District 18, Houston as a whole, and America in general. And we need to do everything we can to keep that a recovery priority.
- First priority is to create long-term, sustainable funding to address the shortfalls we see across the district. Trump has already started this with the creation of economic opportunity zones. Time to prioritize this district and make those programs active!
- Funding is one thing, but how we spend the funds is another… and typically where our prior leaders have let this District down. We need to ensure competition among qualified, focused providers to keep earmarking and contract abuse out of it…
- President Trump has prioritized infrastructure investment nationwide, to benefit all Americans. And I’ll ensure our resources are used/spent wisely so we all get a safe, sustainable, and efficient revitalization we deserve.
- “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
- Enforce laws already on the books. There is no loophole in federal law that exempts gun show transactions from laws normally applied to gun sales. Not one. If you purchase a firearm from a federal firearms licensee (FFL) regardless of the location of the transaction — a gun store, a gun show, a gun dealer’s car trunk, etc. — that FFL must confirm you are legally allowed to purchase that gun.
- Ensure background checks are effective, accurate, and up to date. We all deserve to know our government is doing its job to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, illegals, those on the no-fly list, and the mentally ill.